Oil Pastel - My SAS
Manipulation of Materials and Skills & Problem Solving
For oil pastel, I believe I was able to manipulate techniques to help my artwork. Using my knowledge from my past works I was able to quickly identify shapes and lines. This helped with the contour lines and details like the T-shirt creases and hair. However, what I did struggle with was color. I struggled to identify the shades of colors I should use not only leading me to color all my shadows with grey but I also kept limiting myself to two colors for each object which isn't able to give you as much detail and realism as using three or four. As you can see from the paper below I worked to solve this by noting the different colors I see and should use for each object before I started.
Giving careful attention to my artwork helped give depth to my work as details like the shadow casted on my arm I colored in with light purple instead of grey for the shadow is reflected by my purple T-shirt. My skirt you'll also be able to see has a pink undertone from the light reflecting the purple shade. Objects like the table I realized I had to exaggerate the colors. Instead of using dark brown and light brown I used other colors to create red-brown and yellow-brown and color the table in which helped bring my artwork into life more.
For oil pastel, I believe I was able to manipulate techniques to help my artwork. Using my knowledge from my past works I was able to quickly identify shapes and lines. This helped with the contour lines and details like the T-shirt creases and hair. However, what I did struggle with was color. I struggled to identify the shades of colors I should use not only leading me to color all my shadows with grey but I also kept limiting myself to two colors for each object which isn't able to give you as much detail and realism as using three or four. As you can see from the paper below I worked to solve this by noting the different colors I see and should use for each object before I started.
Giving careful attention to my artwork helped give depth to my work as details like the shadow casted on my arm I colored in with light purple instead of grey for the shadow is reflected by my purple T-shirt. My skirt you'll also be able to see has a pink undertone from the light reflecting the purple shade. Objects like the table I realized I had to exaggerate the colors. Instead of using dark brown and light brown I used other colors to create red-brown and yellow-brown and color the table in which helped bring my artwork into life more.



Comments
Post a Comment