Cultural Convention Comments


I Am Incomplete 
I love the meaning behind your work and how you incorporated it into your artwork by not finishing the eye. I find it amazing how despite using acrylic you were able to get such fine details like the beard and the wrinkles of his skin. I feel like I can feel it. It's also really impressive how you only used shades of black and white and brought out a realistic finish. 

Comfort Women 
I really love how your artwork has a powerful meaning behind it. You did an amazing job of bringing out the wrinkles of the grandma's clothes with the different shades of color. I like the use of the lines and stokes of the flower that represents Korea's representative flower. 

F.L.Y
I really love the meaning behind your artwork as it is personal to you and captures your emotions as you are getting ready to graduate. You did an amazing job in identifying the shapes and the use of lines to outline the details of the building. I know when working with pencil it can sometimes feel limiting in expressing the different shades on a surface because we don't have color but you did really well in using various shades of black. Amazing job!

Integrate 
I love how you incorporated the literal meaning of integrating into your work with the use of modern and oriental fashion. It's such a beautiful piece of clothing as you used many different textured clothes like leather and cotton. I also like the detail of the braided line that goes across the top which matches the golden button that gives a modern look. While the red cloth and pattern printed on the skirt look oriental the modern leather jacket helps integrates the two different periods of time very well. I also really love the long sleeve details of how it folds at the end, the high neck, and the layering of clothes.

Reconstruction 
Your artwork grabbed my attention right away as the girl was looking straight at me. It was really impressive how clear and realistic the girl's eyes looked. I love the use of the colors in your work such as the various browns in the hair or the shade of pink on the cheeks. The shapes and thickness of lines in the girl's hair also helps bring out a very realistic look

I'm Lovin it
I really love how creative your work is as you drew the girl eating a hamburger on a McDonald's packaging. You did a great job in the use of lines and the thickness of it as the girl's hair looks so realistic as if I can almost feel the softness of it. Your use of shadows is also so good, especially around the nose. Where the dark and light spots are is very clear. Your use of shades to bring out the wrinkles and folds of the Tshirt is also very impressive. I also love the use of color in the burger such as the white and various browns on the chicken, not just one solid color.


Comments

Popular Posts