Rapunzel and The Puny Prince Reflection
Rough Draft
Actual Performance
In Drama, we had a performance for the second graders where we had to act out the story of Rapunzel. It had a twist though where Rapunzel is ugly and the prince is puny. We also had the freedom to change scripts and choose the characteristic the character had such as sassy, sad, or happy.
What did you do to personally improve this performance?
In my first Rough Draft video in the middle of my performance, I messed up my lines and stuttered. As a result, I made sure to memorize properly for the real performance. During my rehearsal video, I also realized that I being the narrator who was a grandma then a witch with the change of having a shawl around might be confusing for the second graders, so I switched it so that I'm a witch who's narrating. I also had to practice my facial expressions and actions because the part where I should be mad my peers said I didn't. I also worked on asking questions on different sides of the stage instead of only focusing on one side.
What did your group collaboratively improve on?
We all decided to at least come 5 mins early so we can get our wig properly on and help our other teammates who have a difficult costume to wear and set props. Talking about props we worked on putting props on stage together so that we didn't need to walk off and get it during the performance.
We also helped each other prepare for diverse answers when we ask questions to the audience.
After watching the final version, what would you have continued to improve this performance?
I would firstly like to work on my projection. The second graders were quite loud while we were saying our speech, so we had to repeat it which obviously seems unprofessional. I would also next time be more prepared because at the end of my performance I didn't know whether I should get off stage or not so it was visible I was squirming in place. Lastly, I would like to prepare for diverse answers when we ask questions to the audience, for when an answer I wasn't expecting came out I stuttered a bit.

Comments
Post a Comment