Future Letter to My Self
Hey future me! Stop whatever you’re doing and prepare yourself for a whole lot of cringe-worthy tips your 14 years old wants to remind you. I wrote this so you don’t forget the important things in life and always keep it at the back of your head.
Laura do you remember writing this letter. I hope you do because it was one of the hardest writing that my 14-year-old self then wrote. I made so many drafts on what to tell you and it felt like untying a big tangled knot, and I remember saying that I don't ever want to go through this again. We both knew though that’s a silly hope though. Things are going to happen to us. We won’t be able to plan it, write it in our schedule for when it's comfortable for us, or always have someone to call to talk about it. We’re going to have to just roll with the flow, and sometimes that roll with the flow will be the worst day of our life. That day might have failures on big exams, goodbye to our loved one forever, and getting that huge pimple again, and knowing you better than anyone else you’re going to hold on to it for a very long time. You're going to get so emotional, lock yourself in your room, and wonder if you're better off dead. You’re going to want to give up, just run away from it hoping that it’s a dream, but Laura don't. Don’t give up or run away from it. First of all, because you hate running, eh remember mile run! No P.E teacher should ask why I hate them. Second of all because you’re stronger than that. You're stronger than you think. You might give up on yourself, but I know you won’t give up for the people you love. What about mom and dad? Remember how much they suffered for you. Not being able to buy all the luxury they want because they wanted you to get education. What about those countless nights with your friends hugging each other saying that you’ll stay strong for them. You're not in this alone Laura. They went through this journey with you. So don’t give up on yourself, for us, for the people you love. If you do my 14-year-old self will appear in your dream and slap you in the face.
Secondly, Laura please call mom and dad right now and tell them how much you appreciate them. I know it’s going to be hard for you. I should know how much you hate having to admit these things. I don't want you to regret not being able to tell someone how much you love them when they meant so much to you though, and before it’s too late. In fact, I hope the day you're reading this you meet or at least call the people you love and thank them. I realized how much people who make you happy is important in your life. I can’t imagine not being with the people I love. I would never smile again. There will be so many people to thank, but there will also be many people who will pester you, and I will like to say it’s okay to not be friends with them. It’s okay to say no to people you don’t want to be next to. One thing I learned in middle school is that the only thing people you despise do to you is make your life miserable.
No one lives forever so be sure to cherish every moment and make sure you don’t do anything that’ll make you regret it. That means that it’s okay to change your mind and follow a path you thought was wrong so you don’t die to regret it. Laura when I say don’t do things that you’ll regret it also means NEVER take drugs, don’t drink acholol too much, don’t date till after college, piercings, and no tattoo. Lastly, I would like to tell you, Laura there will be so many times you will hate yourself, but Laura to my 14-year-old self and the people who love you. You're wonder and beautiful and I'm so glad to be able to be you!
Laura do you remember writing this letter. I hope you do because it was one of the hardest writing that my 14-year-old self then wrote. I made so many drafts on what to tell you and it felt like untying a big tangled knot, and I remember saying that I don't ever want to go through this again. We both knew though that’s a silly hope though. Things are going to happen to us. We won’t be able to plan it, write it in our schedule for when it's comfortable for us, or always have someone to call to talk about it. We’re going to have to just roll with the flow, and sometimes that roll with the flow will be the worst day of our life. That day might have failures on big exams, goodbye to our loved one forever, and getting that huge pimple again, and knowing you better than anyone else you’re going to hold on to it for a very long time. You're going to get so emotional, lock yourself in your room, and wonder if you're better off dead. You’re going to want to give up, just run away from it hoping that it’s a dream, but Laura don't. Don’t give up or run away from it. First of all, because you hate running, eh remember mile run! No P.E teacher should ask why I hate them. Second of all because you’re stronger than that. You're stronger than you think. You might give up on yourself, but I know you won’t give up for the people you love. What about mom and dad? Remember how much they suffered for you. Not being able to buy all the luxury they want because they wanted you to get education. What about those countless nights with your friends hugging each other saying that you’ll stay strong for them. You're not in this alone Laura. They went through this journey with you. So don’t give up on yourself, for us, for the people you love. If you do my 14-year-old self will appear in your dream and slap you in the face.
Secondly, Laura please call mom and dad right now and tell them how much you appreciate them. I know it’s going to be hard for you. I should know how much you hate having to admit these things. I don't want you to regret not being able to tell someone how much you love them when they meant so much to you though, and before it’s too late. In fact, I hope the day you're reading this you meet or at least call the people you love and thank them. I realized how much people who make you happy is important in your life. I can’t imagine not being with the people I love. I would never smile again. There will be so many people to thank, but there will also be many people who will pester you, and I will like to say it’s okay to not be friends with them. It’s okay to say no to people you don’t want to be next to. One thing I learned in middle school is that the only thing people you despise do to you is make your life miserable.
No one lives forever so be sure to cherish every moment and make sure you don’t do anything that’ll make you regret it. That means that it’s okay to change your mind and follow a path you thought was wrong so you don’t die to regret it. Laura when I say don’t do things that you’ll regret it also means NEVER take drugs, don’t drink acholol too much, don’t date till after college, piercings, and no tattoo. Lastly, I would like to tell you, Laura there will be so many times you will hate yourself, but Laura to my 14-year-old self and the people who love you. You're wonder and beautiful and I'm so glad to be able to be you!

"GMO" Laura this is incredible.
ReplyDeleteI could tell when you wanted to go fast and when you were meaningful and slow. Also how you write this to your self, you even speak to your self and other people this is an exciting pease, and I can completely relate.