Ambiguous Scripts


In this assignment, we practiced making the character and a scene from a short script given.

What have you learned from this assignment?
From this assignment, I learned that you need to really understand your character and the situation. If it doesn't really make sense for you, it'll definitely not make sense for the audience. After my partner and I chose the situation and which character I would be I should have made sure that the script I read was something my character would say. It doesn't make sense that a smart, nerdy character like mine will be pleading for the popular girl to stay when I'm the one helping her.

Based on your video, how do you think you did at clarifying and conveying the Relationship/Setting and each line of dialogue.
Like I said above I think the situation might have been confusing for the audience, but I think I did quite well showing the relationship of the nerdy kid by using a pitchy voice as well as nervousness

What grade do you deserve and why?
I think meets expectation is reasonable because even though the scene and situation are a bit confusing, due to my body posture and every detail I did, it was much clearer. Such as being hunched which shows that I'm scared and shy. The voice and stumbling over my feet also showed that I'm not comfortable next to the popular girl. 

Comments

Popular Posts