Electro Magnet Fishing Rod
In science we had to make a electric magnet fishing rod that can pick up paper clip fish. And today I will show you how we made it.
So we first wrapped the coil around the nail tightly and with many wraps because it will make the magnetic force stronger letting the electric current running through. And we wrapped it so that it will have two ends to connect to the battery wire. We had one wire connected to one of the battery wire and taped down, so we didn't need to press two. And we had one not taped down cause that would be our on and off switch. When both were touched the wire would have a circular pass so that the electric current can go through each one, and that would make the nail attract the paper clip fish to stick on. For the nail I used a rusted instead of a new, because rusted one is lighter and has a stronger current. For off when we would separate the wire from each other there would be a block not able to go pass so the magnet would not attract anything. Some of the problems were trying to connect the wires together with a easier grip so when picking up fish you could focus on getting the fish instead of pushing tightly to the wires, and checking if it was touching. The solution for ours was to make a better switch. So we decided to make a hook that made the two wires connect. so we put a thumbtack in the middle of where it touched, and we coiled the battery wire to the thumbtack and the other wire into a shape of a hook. So whenever we needed a on switch we would hook it on and whenever we needed a off switch we hooked it off, and I think that was the improvement of ours and the changing designs that we had at first and second. What I found really challenging was how we had to make the electric current really strong to attract paper clip fishes. And I think if I were to do this project again I would spend more time trying to figure out what made the electric current stronger. I think we improved a lot because our first design. We couldn't pick up a fish, and nothing worked properly Our second design was okay but we didn't have a proper switch, with a strong current, and we just decided since it works we shouldn't do anything to make it better. But we tried for a long time and we made a proper switch, made our fishing rod pick up 6 fish at once, and make our current strong. I think we tried our best and it payed off definitely, and we did the most we could to make the best fishing rod.
So we first wrapped the coil around the nail tightly and with many wraps because it will make the magnetic force stronger letting the electric current running through. And we wrapped it so that it will have two ends to connect to the battery wire. We had one wire connected to one of the battery wire and taped down, so we didn't need to press two. And we had one not taped down cause that would be our on and off switch. When both were touched the wire would have a circular pass so that the electric current can go through each one, and that would make the nail attract the paper clip fish to stick on. For the nail I used a rusted instead of a new, because rusted one is lighter and has a stronger current. For off when we would separate the wire from each other there would be a block not able to go pass so the magnet would not attract anything. Some of the problems were trying to connect the wires together with a easier grip so when picking up fish you could focus on getting the fish instead of pushing tightly to the wires, and checking if it was touching. The solution for ours was to make a better switch. So we decided to make a hook that made the two wires connect. so we put a thumbtack in the middle of where it touched, and we coiled the battery wire to the thumbtack and the other wire into a shape of a hook. So whenever we needed a on switch we would hook it on and whenever we needed a off switch we hooked it off, and I think that was the improvement of ours and the changing designs that we had at first and second. What I found really challenging was how we had to make the electric current really strong to attract paper clip fishes. And I think if I were to do this project again I would spend more time trying to figure out what made the electric current stronger. I think we improved a lot because our first design. We couldn't pick up a fish, and nothing worked properly Our second design was okay but we didn't have a proper switch, with a strong current, and we just decided since it works we shouldn't do anything to make it better. But we tried for a long time and we made a proper switch, made our fishing rod pick up 6 fish at once, and make our current strong. I think we tried our best and it payed off definitely, and we did the most we could to make the best fishing rod.


Comments
Post a Comment