Science Submarine
1. How does our submarine work?
Well to sink I needed something heavy to make it sink down. First I put about 50 rocks which was enough for it to make it sink. But when it sinked down and floated I remembered I needed to make it sink down again, and the rocks wouldn't help much after. So on the bottom I made three large holes so it can sink which worked fine. How to make it float was easy. I made two holes at each end with tubes connected to each one. For one tube I attached a balloon inside the bottle, and the other I just left it still. The purpose was so that when I blow on the tube the balloon will blow up and force the water out. For the other tube it was when I didn't want it all the way out but neutral to blow a little water out. For neutral EPIC FAIL.
2. What worked best with you're submarine?
I think it was the floating position out of all, I just blew on it than it was done. Sinking it took a bit of time for the bottle to suck up the water to sink. Again neutral was EPIC FAIL.
3. What didn't work as well as you hoped?
The neutral position was very hard for me I didn't know how to suck or blow the water so it was even in the tub. At first I kept on making mistakes by holding on the tubes thinking I did it. Also it was hard to know if I did it or not because it was on the bottom which looked like the middle.
4. Why did you think it didn't work?
Well when I tried to make it neutral It would just float right up to the top or sink down. Even if it worked it would only be there for one second and sink down. 5. What would you do differently with your 4.5 hours of building time the next time you have a engineering challenge?
Instead of trying to make things that worked to make it better. If you know at least it works try to make something you know it is hard like neutral. Also I would want to do a sketch that properly shows what I can do if it fail, also work all the research at home.


Comments
Post a Comment