Greatest Fear vs. Greatest Joy

Size of Work: 18 by 24 inches

Acrylic Paint and Pencil on Masonite Board

  • Idea(s) Visually Evident
When my teacher introduced me to this unit's theme I immediately thought of bugs crawling on my food for living in Singapore I had experienced it way too many times. I chose raspberry as the food I would draw as it's red color would help bring attention to my drawing. I also decided to do everything in pencil except for the raspberry as I wanted to give emphasis to my joy.



  • Processes Used
I first started by gathering my references then drawing my contour lines. A lot of the challenges I face were in the beginning when I was drawing my contour lines. For example, I ended up catching ants in my house and watched documentaries to see how each joint of the ant moves so I can draw each ant's legs differently for diversity (it was very gross and I immediately regretted it.) Because I was drawing with a pencil on acrylic paint the blending stump didn't work that well and I also kept ripping the masonite board because I only had mechanical pencils with sharp tips for I used all my art pencils. I solved this problem, however, for I remembered one of the tips Mrs. Harvey told us which was to layer. Thus, without blending and pushing hard on the masonite board I was able to get dark shades.

  • Process Photos










  • References 






  • Final Work 




Comments

Popular Posts