BLOG TEMPLATE: COIL
Coil Vessel
| |
Insert post construction photo:
| |
Describe what you liked about the coil process of building:
It was really satisfying to bond the coils together, seeing how the round coil became smooth and into one. Being able to see the process of the coil vase build up was also really cool.
| |
Describe your frustrations:
It was hard to understand how to use a template. At first, I kept pushing the template to my coil in a way that only made my base smaller and didn’t have my hand on the inside of the vase to support and shape the vase. Later on, after I understood how to use the template and it was much easier to shape my vase the way I want.
| |
Did your original idea change? If yes what changes occurred?
Yes, I originally had a small opening but knowing I wanted a foot I thought the ratio of having a bigger mouth would look better.
How could you have constructed better?
I now think that if I had more curves on my vase it would have looked more complex and cool.
| |
Screenshot of your glaze of choice and glaze description.
| |
Insert Pre Fired Glaze Photo
|
Insert Fired Glaze Photo
|
Glaze Record:
C1 - Obsidian(under)
PC46- Lustrous Jade (Over) |
Glaze application:
Obsidian - 3
Lustrous Jade - 3
|
Describe your final result. Was it what you expected? (better or worse)
My final piece came out more blue than I expected, but, it was definitely better than I expected for my coil vase was actually glazed for someone mistakened my piece as theirs. I tried my best to sand and wash off the glaze, but I was scared it will still appear through my glaze and completely mess it up. However, it turned out quite nice.
| |
How could you have glazed better?
I wish I didn’t overdo my drips and if I was to drip again I would make different length and thickness for each drip.
| |
How could the teacher have taught the unit better?
It was honestly all very clear and easy to do after seeing the model and some help. But if I was to have taught this unit I would give more options on the foot in designs as the handle did.
| |


Comments
Post a Comment