Reflection:
Describe what you enjoyed about the construction-
I really enjoyed learning and using the different tools provided for us to design our box. For example I used a popsicle to make dents for the speaker on my TV and around the sides for my volume and channel screw. Using those tools I was also able to save time by not cutting out a square for my screen but using the popsicle stick to carve it. I also used a beveling tool for the top of my TV to have a antenna and the back of it for air vents.
Describe what you found difficult or needed more instruction-
At first deciding on how to make the speaker look realistic and those small details were really confusing. However, Mr. Paboytoy helped me use different tools to reach my goal. Some tools were difficult such as the beveling tool. I didn't know how to make all the sides even and I remember wasting a lot of slabs.
What do you think about the final outcome of your construction-
I really love how it came out. I feel like the little screws, buttons, and speaker really help bring out the feeling of a old fashion TV. However, I do definitely see that I can work on making things more neat and not tilted.
|
Describe the overall final result of your piece.
I'm really happy with the results and the colors I used. The glaze helped cover scratches and bumps pretty well also. The colors were also what I expected and even more realistic such as the metal feel the Western Iron Ore gave. The building process also went smoothly without any mistakes and I feel my construction was better than my sketch. I feel I used my time really wisely as well.
What was your biggest surprise?
Definitely the amount of work it takes. The details you need to put in, balance of the piece so that is has a strong base, remembering not to make it bone hard so to mist every now and then, sanding it after the piece is fired, and the counts of how many coats of glaze you put, the spots you went over, and not knowing how the color will exactly turn out. It takes great work and effort. But the end product and how much I learned was definitely worth it.
What would you change for your construction technique?
I would smooth out my edges and surfaces more. I also pay more attention to the symmetry.
What would you change for your glazing technique?
I really like all the colors I used and I think I did enough coats to make it smooth and not transparent. However, I really wish I payed more attention and time to make it neat and clean off the different color smudges on a different color base. I also wish I used more bright colors other than grey, black, and silver. I feel like the colors are really dark therefore a bit awkward to see the bright colors of the error screen.
|
Comments
Post a Comment