My Poetry
This poem portrays what it feels like to be anorexic. I recently had done a project regarding Anorexia and it seemed many people didn't know what goes on inside their minds, and hopefully, this poem helps you understand a bit more about Anorexia. Lines in this poem are taken from here where it talks about how it feels to be anorexic.
Anorexia
Death was being fat
Every bite I took
I was slowly killing myself
I wanted to survive though
So I starved
There was no other way
I was obsessed
But how would I have known I was not okay
How would I have known what normal was
That I was addicted
It was horror knowing I didn’t have a choice
I was trapped
There was no way
Self-denial
I denied I was
Hungry
Hurting
broken
I’m okay
But behind I was
Cowering
Scared
Tired
Was there really something wrong with me
Was there really gaps in my heart
No way
There is no way
I couldn’t control it
I couldn’t believe it
You only get one life
and I ruined mine.
This poem is about what it feels like when I jump into the pool. Being fully submerged in the water to me is a very special feeling, and through this poem, I wanted to explain. This poem starts off with me on the diving board for a swim competition and once I dive in I explain what it feels like.
Embrace in Blue
Beep...Beep...Beep...BEEP
When I jump in it’s like I’m in a whole different universe
I feel protected
Like I’m swaddled
Embraced in blue
Not one cm separates me and the water
There is no
Air
Gap
And
space
Between us
It’s as if time froze
My hair flowing slowly
Bubbles escaping from my mouth and nose slowly
My finger and toes pruning up like raisins slowly
When I look down it’s as if I’m going down in a endless path
Just sinking and drowning
When I look up the whole world looks fake
As if I’m dreaming
Blurry and clear
But I know it’s not a fantasy
For when I come out of my embrace
My embrace in blue
And I breathe in
The world I was looking up at is where I am
And the universe I was in I am looking down at
“32 seconds good job you beat most others. Now get out of the pool.”
This poem is for my friend I love and was there for me when I needed them. Many people say the words "I love you" to the people they have affection towards, and this poem is intended to tell them what power and meaning it holds.
There's Nothing Else to Say
I hope you know
I love you
I love you.
It seems so easy
So simple
So meaningless
With no dept
As if it’s just a simple catch and go phrase
But when I say it to you
To you
And only you
It’s different from saying it to anyone else
I really do love you
I love when you
Smile
And your teeth
Your perfect white teeth line up except that one crooked tooth
And your eyes crinkle into a crescent moon
I love when you
Hug me
When you hug me it’s like the time stops
It’s only you and me
I feel protected
Warmth in your embrace
I’m safe and if I could I would stay like that
Forever.
I love when you struggle
When you doubt yourself
Because that’s my chance to remind you
Remind you that you’re perfect
At least to me you are
And I hope that’s enough to make you feel worth it
I love you and there’s nothing more to say.

Laura, these poems were all so well-written and really touching. I especially love your last line in your anorexia poem "You only get one life and I ruined mine," because it showed the hardships that people with anorexia go through. I also really liked your description of how you feel when you're swimming, like the lines "My hair flowing slowly, bubbles escaping from my mouth and nose slowly, my fingers pruning up like raisins slowly." Also, the repetition of the word slowly really made those lines stand out. I could see from your poems that you worked really hard on them and put a lot of effort. Great job!
ReplyDeleteI love both of your poems very unique.
ReplyDeleteLaura, your poetry was stunning to read! All three of your poems were beautifully written and had an amazing feel to each one of them! I especially loved how you spaced each of your poems out to emphasize how important some incredible lines were! Please do make more poetry!
ReplyDelete