Letter to Bartolomé de las Casas

Hello Bartolomé,
          Before I am taken away by the government I would like to say my good byes and thank you. Unlike other owners I hear from my friend, you were very kind to me and treated me as a friend. When I go outside it honestly rips my heart to see my people being slaughtered and mistreated like as if they are not human. We came to Spain with a promise from your country that they would protect us, but we are being used as servants. Bartolomé you have never treated me such way and understood my part of the story. I would like to ask you to help my country gain freedom with your powerful words. My country, as well as others including Africa, are all human made under God. We are equal under God and have the right to be treated as human. I will be waiting for a change from your country in hope you will make a change for my country.
        Your servant,
                              Juanico

Comments

Popular Posts