Delivering Green Shoes and Happiness
The shoebox was neatly on my desk next to my pile of Harry Potter books, like my mom told me it would be. It was pleading me to open it, and wear the gorgeous lime yellow Nike shoes I have been begging for. I slowly walked across the room holding my excitement of jumping up and down screaming. The shoebox was shiny black like it had just been polished with the words Nike spread across in white. I felt like I was going to get CSSLS stand for Crazy Nike Shoe Sneaker Lover Syndrome. I used the tip of fingers running down the corner of the box pushing it up slowly. The shoes oh the gorgeous shoe were wrapped in pink paper. I could smell the shoes. The one and only smell you can only smell when you get a new shoe that is as precious as diamonds and gold. I closed my eyes and let my fingers do the work. I could feel the pink paper rolling thiner and thiner leading me closer to the shoes. When I was almost at the end I snapped the pink paper out of the end. I touched the sneakers they were fury like leather, and they had sticky straps around them. I thought I felt things wrong the lime green yellow shoes never had leather around them, or sticky straps it had strings. The more I touched the more I felt like it was wrong.I was so surprised I opened my eyes, and I saw the most ugliest thing I could think of in front of my eyes. It was a green lime sneaker, But the green was the color of when someone vomits, it was the color of a fly gut when it is smoothed on a clear white table, and it was the color of the carpet in my RLA class. I did not believe this what kind of person would think of making a shoe like this especially in a Nike store. Before I could complain more in my head my mom came into the room.
”Do you like the sneakers Laura?”
“Oh yeah I love it mom” I said clanging my teeth together clutching my hands tightly till they were white and numb.
“I knew you would love it dear. It’s the perfect lime green shoes. It will be perfect for the parade this Friday with Lancette. It's going to be perfect. Oh I got the perfect green dress with the perfect matching polka dot bow. I saw it at your sister's room let me go grab it stay here this is going to be perfect… I’m back dear. Look it’s the perfect dress, and you will look perfect with this bow on you hair. You’re going to look so beautiful dear.”
“Oh thanks mom it’s perfect for the parade now I’m going to stare at the beautiful dress, and try it on so bye bye mom.”
“Oh honey come down and show you father we will be waiting."
I let her out as fast as I could before she could say more. I glared at the shoes, I glared at the dress and matching bow this was all wrong. It was nothing like I had planned. I was going to wear a yellow ruffle skirt with a green blouse, and was hoping to have matching Nike shoes with them. Not some ugly dress with matching bow, and a the most terrible shoes I saw in my entire life. I had to do something I couldn’t go there looking like a jerk with vomit all over me. That just gave me the perfect Idea I quickly grabbed the cup of milk, and laid the vomit green dress neatly on the floor. I smoothed it out on the floor, and grabbed the red car on my shelf from McDonalds kids meal gift. I closed my eyes, and whispered for the best. 1…2…3 SLAPPY I quickly placed the glass cup near the dress then SCREAMED.
“Darling what's wrong what is it?”
“ Mommy I was drinking my milk then slipped on the car and spilled milk all over the dress. Oh mommy this is terrible I guess I can’t wear the dress I better pick something else.”
“ No no no it’s okay darling we can wash it it will be just fine I know how much you want to wear that dress while I wash you can wear your ribbon.”
I was mad how could I have been so stupid of course there was an invention of a washing machine.
"Why don’t you go to Lanette's house I hear she is also wearing a bow, and a dress like you.”
I was really glad to go to Lanette's house she always knew the solution of a problem, especially if it happened to her, and she is wearing the same exact dress.
“Just be home by 6 to have dinner darling.”
She smiled then started cleaning. I would have felt sorry, but I was too busy thinking a way to get rid of the matching things.
I ran down stairs as fast as I can than rang the doorbell. DING DONG DING DONG.
“Hello Laura come in Lanette is in her room. I’ll bring fresh batch of homemade cookies with milk to her room. I know you love my cookies” she winked.
It was true I did love Mrs. Bradley's homemade cookies. When I opened the door to the room she was wearing the exact same dress except hers were pink. She had the ruffled dress up to her thighs, and the polka dot ribbon big as her face up into a bun with the bow on top, and pink high top ankle boots with dangling bracelets on her arm matching with her two loop fake pink pearl necklace.
“I know Lanette the dress is so ugly did you see my new shoes we have to do something what should…
“What do you mean The outfit is beautiful how could you not love it.”
Lanette said looking at me.
“Are you kidding me did you see the shoes the bow it’s ridiculous.” I said looking at her back.
“I did your mom showed my mom she picked with her can’t you see why we have the same dress.”
She said in a annoyed voice for no reason. “Well it look like you edited the dress.”
“I did if you mind it looked a bit plain I mean when I saw that dress I would have done anything to fix it. Anyone’s dress I had to fix it.”
I was so happy when she said that. ” Do you think you can fix mine than I want it to be more fashionable like yours.”
She grinned at me than chuckled “Oh Laura you are too easy. Laura no kindergarteners wear stripe socks to their knees. With some lucky blue sandals, and two side hair style. Plus even if I did, your style just can’t make you enough to be the parade queen.”
She glared with her razor sharp eyes like a sword.Than she sashayed her way to the mirror staring at herself which was only two feet away. Than she acted like nothing happened.
“Well we can do my hair now.” Lanette said still looking at the mirror. than looking at me batting her eyes innocently, plastering a fake evil smile I didn’t feel good not in a queasy way, but in a way that felt like I was allergic to Lanette. I didn’t even tell her I was going to leave, and ran out of the room. What was her problem she properly didn’t even notice me leaving, too busy staring at herself.
I slammed my door hopped on the bed and stared at the ceiling. How could Lanette say that to me, who is she to tell me what I am, what is wrong with my fashion, why am I so mad at her, why is she so mean, why am I allergic to her, why am I…crying. I didn’t notice, but when I stood up I felt a cold sad drop of tear rolling slowly down my cheek 2 more, 3more, 4 more. I couldn’t stand it all because of the shoe I was so angry at the shoe, and maybe the tiniest smallest bit on me. I didn’t know my eyes hurt, I felt all mixed up. I just wanted to bury my face on the pillow so that was what I did. For maybe about 10 minutes the longest 10 minutes of my life. It was until my mom came in
”Honey are you here Lanette’s mom called you left without saying anything. Honey what’s wrong are you crying? ”Now I knew this was the moment I had to tell her the truth about everything, but I didn’t I didn’t tell her the truth. I didn’t want her to ask me questions, or make me even more confused so I said I felt sorry for ruining the dress that was the end of the discussion.
Today was the day of the parade where everyone wears beautiful dresses and be happy having fun. I felt none of it though, The green dress was down to my ankle which made me look extremely short with no legs. The polka dot bow was on top of my head taking spot light. My hair was uneven, it was frizzy there was hair popping out everywhere. The sneakers was just there like I always hated it. My plans didn’t work out, but I didn’t need to anyways. My mom had an important meeting, and she was going to miss the parade. I didn’t care though, even if my mom was not their I wore the dress with the shoes. I really didn’t care, I didn’t care if I didn’t in the parade crown, I didn’t care if I looked unbelievably ugly in the dress, I didn’t care if anyone stared at me or laughed at me, and I didn’t care how messed up right now I was. I still had 30 minutes till the parade, but I decided I would go early. I pulled the door open, and their was my mom smiling.
“Mom I thought you were at a important meeting.” I said surprised. I was so surprised I couldn’t believe it.
“I did but I would never miss the part where you would step on the glass floor to the parade. Where everyone would be staring at you. You will laugh and have fun.”
She said still smiling. Her smile was warm so warm that the tears in my eyes started to burn. I blinked upwards trying to get rid of the tears. I really tried but I couldn’t help it I started to cry again. The tears were warm and burning my eyes. It was like a flood I couldn’t stop I couldn’t see anything it was like blurred sight.
“I’m sorry mom the moment you bought the shoes I hated it so I tried to ruin it, but it didn’t work. The shoes lead me to the dress, the dress lead me to the bow, the bow lead me to Lanette and me fighting"
Memories pictures of the moment slowly came up then disappeared like a slide show. Every picture memory had different hurt emotions and healing happiness. …and it went on like that I didn’t forget a thing to tell her.
“I know darling the moment you pulled the plan on I knew you hated it, but when you cried and didn’t tell me the truth I actually thought you were telling the truth.”
My mom looked at me from top to bottom.
“You know what we still have 28 minutes before the parade starts. Let's get you polished from top to toe."
We hurried racing grabbing anything we could. I didn’t think of anything, but only to get ready in time. Ready to show the people nothing would make me crumble down. Somehow in 30 minutes we got it slammed dunk done and shoot and made the goal. But there was just one question left now for all of this, why it started, why it gave me courage, made burning tears, and burning memories I would never be able to forget. She stared at my shoes for a moment then glanced at me.
“would you like that to change into a hightop dear?”
I didn’t even need to think about it the answer was absolutely not. The shoe matched everything, and it was quite a comfortable shoe with beautiful design. Who ever made it did an excellent job, and my mom agreed. We were ready just in time, but before I went to rock the party I stood in front of the mirror staring at myself.
“Why don’t you look beautiful darling?”
She was right I absolutely did. Much more than the old messed up me. It was my time to shine. Why should I care what anyone says. If I’m good with it everything is. I had to control myself, release all the bad memories, take in what I have to, and be happy.I was right the party was awesome I even won three prizes which was very extraordinary, and got queened parade crown it was plastic but who cares. I had a great time with everyone especially my mom. Everyone also told me how beautiful I looked. When the party was over, and our family was going on the elevator a strong grip held me by the hands. It was Lanette I held my breath for a second, chill went down my spine what would she say now? Should I run away, hide, push her away, wait no why should I I’m good it’s her fault what happened. I going to stand up to her. I stared at my mom, she nodded which meant they will go first. I faced Lanette
“Lanette tell whatever you want because I’m not going to change a bit of fashion of mine. For your information these shoes are extraordinarily perfect.”
I looked at her confidently. Hoping she wouldn’t get hurt by my words. It was kind of funny I actually felt like I cared for her. A tiny spark growing in a dark tunnel. Lost from the day we met and fought. It was a warm feeling. But I had to look and stay strong I couldn't let her see that.
“I’m sorry for what I said Laura you know I never would have meant that. I’m sorry please forgive me.”
She said in a pleading way. “I’ll think about it than I sashayed away showing back to her face, but I knew I didn’t need to.
“Of Course I will Lanette we’re best friends remember.”
I smiled. I felt like the little spark inside me found a way out to it’s freedom.
“Hey my mom made double chocolate chip cookie with extra chocolate melt on top your favorite.” We can watch the new series of Cinderella We both hugged It was the best day of my life. Thanks to my extraordinary perfect shoes the green shoes delivered happiness to me.
Did you ever have a day where nothing goes right? You don’t want to hurt anyone, you don’t want to be betrayed by your friend. Everything that seems PERFECT to them isn’t to you. Well we all have days like that, what I found out about on that day was it depends on how you are going to take it, look at it, and think about it. Your mind is stronger than anything if something lets you drown to ground tell your mind it’s okay get up. If you think it okay then it’s okay. What makes you sadder is how you took it. If you think that’s not right and I’m going to prove it you will feel much better. Your mind is stronger than your body. CONTROL, RELEASE, TAKE IN, AND BE HAPPY.

Comments
Post a Comment