Homeless shelter
Today I went to the a homeless shelter. Me and my partner Ah Ling water painted lots of painting together made by our class. I learned that you have to be gentle with them because if you say something mean they don't forget it. Like my partner got teased by another senior and started crying. You also need to praise them even if you don't mean it because they feel very happy. You have to be very nice and gentle it may seem boring but there is a fun part to it. You get to paint with them. The seniors don't really know how to, so you can demonstrate and its really fun you feel like a teacher. You also get to talk and know more about them. Talking can be a problem sometimes because some of the seniors only know how to speak Chinese their first language. There are bad sides and good sides to things, but I see the good side because bad sides just disappear. What I liked the most is preparing because when we prepare we get to craft and debate. We debate what to craft. We had lots of good ideas. Then we get to craft it. Then we can go and have fun at the homeless shelter.

Comments
Post a Comment